Thursday 11 April 2019

How to Create a Group in Gmail

Growing up, there was only one thing my mom knew how to do on the internet that I could never figure out -- creating an email group. What’s even more surprising is that I sent email blasts to my friends all the time, but I never asked my mom how to make an email group. I would just manually enter my friends’ email addresses into the recipients box.

Gosh, I was such a rebel.

If you’ve gotten over your teen angst and don’t want to manually enter your family’s, friends’, or coworkers’ email addresses every time you want to send an email blast to them, we’ve got you covered. Check out our five-step guide on creating a group in Gmail.

1. Visit Google Contacts.

You can find Google Contacts in the middle of the bottom row of your Google Apps tab.

 

2. Click “Contacts”, “Frequently contacted”, or “Directory”.

It’s likely you won’t have contacts saved in Google Contacts, but you can still access the email addresses of people you frequently interact with by clicking “Frequently contacted” or everyone who currently works at your company by clicking “Directory" in the left side bar.

 

3. Select the contacts you want to include in your group.

 

4. Choose the “Label” icon and press “Create Label”.

 

5. Name your label and type your group’s name in the recipients box to send an email to your group.



from Marketing https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/how-to-create-a-group-in-gmail

No comments:

Post a Comment